Information for professionals
Click on the tiles below to access information, guidance and resources about each topic.
This section has been set up to support professionals working with children and young people in an education setting. The information has been provided by Primary Mental Health Workers (PMHWs) from across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The PMHW Service aims to promote inter-agency work across all sectors including schools, GP practices, Early Support and Voluntary Service Providers. PMHWs are a point of contact within the CAMHS team, offering support and advice regarding the emotional wellbeing of children and young people (CYP). They can offer advice on referrals, implement pathways of support and provide information about other services available to CYP.
There are training courses specific to individual topics available from the pages below, but you may also find these courses, which cover a wider range of topics, useful too.
In each of the topic pages below, you can:
- Find information and guidance about that topic, to learn more about it.
- Use the lists of apps, videos and books to learn more about the topic or to show/recommend to CYP and their families.
- Utilise the e-resources that are split into 3 sections: 1. Tools and resources that you can use to support CYP e.g. in the school/classroom. 2. Self-help materials that you can share with CYP you work with and their families. 3. Lists of online places where you can signpost CYP, parents/carers/families to for support.
- Discover what training is available in your area.
- Email your local PMHW for further help or advice.