The Lancashire and South Cumbria Children and Young People's Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Transformation team are currently working with providers to redesign mental health services.
The Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Redesign covers all NHS funded mental health services for children and young people from birth to their 19th birthday in Lancashire and South Cumbria.
What does Thrive look like now?
What 5 things would you fix?
1. Need for greater youth and family voice in shaping mental health provision for young people
2. Need better knowledge and understanding of mental health
3. Need more joined up working
4. Need better definition of mental health and vulnerability
5. Need better continuity of support
What does good look like?
1. Youth Voice
“I always feel listened to and valued”
2. Better Knowledge and Understanding of Mental Health
“Everyone is confident and empowered to support young people’s mental health”
3. Joined Up Working
“Right support at the right time”
4. Defining Mental Health and Vulnerability
“Consistency and clarity of definition across all services”
5. Continuity of Support
“Long waiting times will be a thing of the past”