Cumbria’s Local Transformation Plan is now published
10th January 2019
Improving mental health support for our Children, Young People, continues to be a top priority for the County Council, the North Cumbria and Morecambe Bay Clinical Commissioning Groups and other stakeholders across Cumbria.
Cumbria Children and Young People's Resilience, Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Transformation Plan sets out the key priorities and also the action plan to improve services and outcomes for children, young people and their families across Cumbria.
Visit https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/ph5to19/mentalhealth.asp for the Plan, an Easy Read version and two short films, one made by members of Carlisle and Eden Youth Council and one by Commissioners of Young People’s Mental Health Services.
There is an extensive programme of work planned around each of the six key priorities
- Access - Ensuring CYP and their families can access help when they need it
- Crisis - Improving care for children and young people experiencing an emotional or mental health crisis
- Care for the most vulnerable - Improving care for children and young people who are most vulnerable, including Children Looked After and on the Edge of Care and all those who experience trauma, abuse and neglect
- Resilience - Building resilience, prevention and intervening early when problems emerge
- Workforce - Training and development of the workforce
- Engagement - Understanding CYP and families’ needs and views and working with partners across the whole system
Currently the Partnership Board and stakeholder groups are being updated to reflect the changes in CCG boundaries and the wider geographical footprints and developing Integrated Care Systems. We continue to take a ‘whole system’ approach to this work across the County and look forward to your comments on the Local Transformation Plan. (See Page 4 of the plan)
A special big ‘thank you’, to all those young people from across the County, who gave their valuable time to make the film, or review the Easy Read version of the plan.